All indigenous, crossbred and exotic Sheep and Goat will be covered under this Scheme. The policy shall provide indemnity against death of sheep and goats due to accident Including Fire, Lightning, Flood, Cyclone, Famine, Earthquake, landslide, Strike, Riot or diseases contracted or occurring during the period of insurance.
- Malicious or willful injury or neglect, overloading, unskillful treatment or use of animal for purpose other than stated in the policy without the consent of the Company in writing.
- Accidents occurring and /or Disease contracted prior to commencement of risk.
- Intentional slaughter of the animal except in cases where destruction is necessary to terminate incurable suffering on humane consideration on the basis of certificate issued by qualified Veterinarian or in cases where destruction is resorted to by the order of lawfully constituted authority.
- Theft and clandestine sale of the insured animal.
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, mutiny, tumult, military or usurped power or any consequences thereof or attempt threat.
- Any accident, loss, destruction, damage or legal liability directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from nuclear weapons.
- Consequential loss of whatsoever nature.
- Transport by air and sea.
- Any non-scheme claim arising due to diseases contracted within 15 days from the date of risk are not covered.
Enterotoxaemia, Sheep Pox, Goat Pox, Rinderpest, FMD, Anthrax, H.S, B.Q. These diseases are covered by the policy if the animal is successfully inoculated (protected) and necessary Veterinary Certificates are supplied to the Company.
The market value of sheep and goats varies from breed to breed, from area to area and from time to time. The examining Veterinarians recommendations shall be considered as the proper guide for acceptance of insurance as well as for settlement of claims.
Sum insured will not exceed 100% of market value.
- In the event of death immediate intimation should be given to the Company and the Insured should furnish the following documents and required information.
- Duly completed claim form.
- Death certificate from a Veterinarian on Company's form.
- Post mortem examination report if required by the Company.
- Ear tag wherever applicable.