Basic cattle mortality policies:
- Registered cattle may be insured for terms of coverage ranging from 30 days to 12 months.
- Cattle from age three months to seven years are eligible for coverage. Age exceptions can be made with an additional premium.
The full mortality policy provides the highest level of mortality coverage. It covers death as a result of all natural causes including accident, sickness or disease, or euthanasia if recommended by your veterinarian. The coverage described below under specified perils is included in the full mortality policy.
- A fully completed, signed and dated application.
- A satisfactory veterinary certificate of health carried out within 14 days of the coverage start date.
- Note: Theft coverage may be added to a full mortality policy with an additional premium.
Specified perils (limited risk):
The specified perils policy covers death as the result of fire, lightning, accident while in transit and other specifically named perils outlined in the policy.
A fully completed, signed and dated application.
Note: For a small additional premium, you may broaden your specified perils coverage to include optional perils. Optional perils includes loss from accidental shooting, drowning, artificial electricity, attack by wild dogs or wild animals, or collapse of building.
Cattle specialty coverage:
- Short-term coverage
- Calf in utero coverage
For Application Visit: http://www.markelinsurance.com/animalmortality/~/media/specialty/msp-applications-and-supplements/new-apps-no-submit/livestock-american-live-stock-application.pdf Source: http://www.markelinsurance.com/